Saturday, September 19, 2009

I'm pretty sure BYU should never lose a football game again. Not only is it stupid, but it makes me depressed and then I mope around a little bit and then I'm not as friendly as I should be and the patrons notice and I'm not so sure that's such a good thing. But I've recovered. I'm over it. They just better deliver against Colorado next week.

On the plus side, Cami got a free book!!!! This awesome old man came up and was talking about his book to her and asking questions about publishing and since she was so helpful, he is going to give her a free copy!! I'm jealous :)

Circulation Desk Confessions:

1) I really want to be one of those people who come up to the desk and check out fifty picture books.

2) I have the library promotional videos/dialogue stuck in my head 23% of my time spent outside the library.

3) I'm pretty sure Blackboard is always down.

4) I'm missing the Robert Burns music. I never hear it anymore over the new TV sound system.

5) Everyone is jealous of my scalpel skills. And if they're not it's because they haven't had the opportunity to witness them at work. Or.... I just love the scalpel. It's my friend.

6) I was hired, but I'm not named Michael or Mike. Oh yeah, I'm not a secretary.

7) Call numbers are good and required--unless it's for Organic Chemistry and a few other select books--then I'd much rather have a description and/or title. (i.e. "The Crab Book" works splendidly)

8) I am so good at Info Commons' job :)

9) I am in awe of the custodial crew. They NEVER stop working!

10) "It doesn't hurt to make new friends" but it does hurt to lose the game and have all of campus mad at you. Think about that for a minute

OK. So maybe I'm not quite over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment